Outdoor theatre returns this summer at Keppoch Mountain!
August 3-18, 2022
August 3 – 7, 6:30pm | Please arrive by 6:00pm
August 9 – 14, 6:15pm | Please arrive by 5:45pm
August 16 – 18, 6:00pm | Please arrive by 5:30pm
Welcome to Middle-earth, where there is less noise and more green. A wee Hobbit named Bilbo Baggins leads a quiet, respectable life until being spurred into adventure by the great wizard Gandalf. Bilbo leaves the comforts of home and discovers unexpected courage, strength, and keen burglaring skills, while battling trolls, spiders, and the giant dragon Smaug, in this extraordinary tale of how a small, seemingly insignificant Hobbit can change the world.
The Hobbit, or there and back again, is based on the timeless classic by J.R.R. Tolkien, and is the perfect outdoor experience to enjoy with friends and family. Join us at Keppoch Mountain this summer for an adventure like none other!
Based on the literature of J.R.R. Tolkien. Produced with permission of and under license from The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises, adapted for the stage by Andrea Boyd. The Hobbit, and the names of the characters, items, events and places therein, are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises (‘SZC’).
Adapted and directed by Andrea Boyd
Set design by Leigh Gillam
Costume design by Marie France Labbé
Puppet design by Laura Stinson
Props by Andy Pumphrey
Production Manager Ingrid Risk
Stage Manager Sarah O’Brien
Gandalf Jeremy Webb
Bilbo Kya Mosey
Thorin Simon Henderson
Dwalin Kate Basile
Dori Abby Weisbrot
Gloin Aquila Wibisono
Elven King, Tom, Ensemble Emma Vickers
Gollum, Ensemble Rachel Lloyd
Bard, Bert, Ensemble Patricia Cerra
Smaug, William, Ensemble Christian Murray
Volunteer Community Actors
Oin Carolyn Curry
Nori Briana Lynch-Rankin & Erin Michibata
Fili Mary Kate Burke
Kili Charlie Curry
Ori Wavey Middleton
Bifur Mijke Van Den Berg
Bofur Gui Machado
Bombur Renee Curry
Dain Anelia Wasserman & Geordie Hemlow
Ensemble: Addy Overmars, Lia Wasserman
Elrond Doug Al Maini
Rhovandis Hannah Dykeman
Ormen Sarah Penney
Galion Rob Hull
Talf Saddath Meerapuram
Ensemble: Rennae Kletzel-Gilham, Ranke de Vries,
Anelia Wasserman, Mila Gregg, LJ Gilham, Frankie Gilham,
Pepijn Van Den Berg, Madelief van den Berg,
Natasha MacKinnon, Addy Overmars, Peter Hull
Iaxblix Garret van de Wiel
Ushea Natasha MacKinnon
Ensemble: Doug Al Maini, Andrew Scott, Saddath Meerapuram,
Yannick Laplante, Pepijn van den Berg, Madelief van den Berg,
Addy Overmars, Jillian Overmars, Alec Hull
Ensemble: Madelief van den Berg, Yannick Laplante, Rennae Kletzel-Gilham, Ranke de Vries, Mila Gregg, LJ Gilham, Frankie Gilham,
Pepijn van den Berg
Francis Mila Gregg
Begilda Rennae Kletzel-Gilham & Ranke de Vries
Roderic Yannick Laplante
Ensemble: Rennae Kletzel-Gilham, Ranke de Vries,
Yannick Laplante, Garret van de Wiel, LJ Gilham,
- The show has a staggered start time each week to adjust for the changing sunset time. Please check your tickets carefully for the scheduled start time of your performance.
- Finding your way to Keppoch Mountain: https://goo.gl/maps/KTdETU2zh2DZdxH89 (Follow the road signs from Hwy 104 or Addington Forks Rd)
- Wear comfortable walking shoes for a fair bit of walking on a gravel-packed trail
- Dress for the weather, and be prepared with layers. It will be cool by the end of the show. Sunscreen and bug protection are also recommended.
- The show is approximately 2 hours long with a 15-minute intermission. We suggest you make a trip to the outdoor bathrooms (located in the parking lot) before you proceed to check in at the Box Office. The lodge will be closed.
- We will have some refreshments available for purchase on site. You can also bring your own refillable water bottle. Disposable water bottles are not permitted on the Keppoch trails.
- Seating at the show will be provided, and includes a back rest at all locations. Please do not bring your own chairs – for your safety and the safety of others.
- During the show, you will move around four different locations. At each scene location, you can see action in various directions and angles so be prepared to turn your chair as the actors move to not miss any of the show.
- Do you have any concerns about accessibility? If you or anyone in your party has mobility concerns of any kind (wheelchair, walker, difficulty standing, lack of stability, etc.) please get in touch with us to discuss options. We have accommodations available on select nights to help make your experience on the trail easier, but we do need advance notice.
- In case of inclement weather, the show will be moved indoors to the Bauer Theatre https://goo.gl/maps/wC6i6Xz3wcYZjeYg7. The decision to move indoors could happen as late as one hour before showtime due to changing weather patterns. This change in venue will only be triggered by extreme weather such as thunder/lightning or heavy rain. The show may proceed on a misty (light rain) day so please dress according to the weather.
- If your show is impacted by a venue change, you will be contacted by our Box Office team via phone and email. Please ensure that we have the best number to reach you in the event of a last-minute change. Announcements will also be shared on social media, and on the radio through 98.9 XFM.
- Masks will be required for all indoor performances.
- If you are unable to attend the indoor show due to health concerns, you will have the choice of either donating the value of your tickets for a tax receipt (to help with our costs), or receiving a full refund.
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- For the health and safety of our audiences, artists, and volunteers, we ask that you refrain from attending the show if you are feeling unwell and have tested positive for COVID-19. Your ticket will be exchanged for an alternate night (at no additional cost) should this be necessary.
Here is how you can reach our Box Office:
- Monday-Friday, 9 am – 12 pm, phone or email (902-867-3333 or email@example.com) – or leave a message any other time
- Evenings and weekends, walk-in at Keppoch Mountain or DM via Facebook Messenger (@FestAntigonish)
- We will not have access to the box office phone or email at Keppoch Mountain