Looking to volunteer with Festival Antigonish?
Each summer, Festival Antigonish works with a large number of community members to ensure a smooth operational running of our professional plays. The majority of our volunteers in the summer are ushers who help welcome patrons to the theatre and directing them to their seats. Usher roles include handing out our programs or patron information flyers, checking guests in at the door, or providing accessiblity assistance.
If you are looking for a more hands-on volunteer experience, we invite you to head over to our Theatre Antigonish page where you can be involved on stage, behind the scenes, or participate in other amazing opportunities.
- Please arrive 45 minutes before the doors open for each show you sign up for. For example, all 7:30pm shows require ushers to check in at 6:15pm and all 2pm matinees require ushers to check in at 12:45pm.
- All volunteer slots are on a first-come first-served basis.
- All evening performances are 7:30pm start times for our Concerts and Main Stage shows.
- All matinee performances are 2pm start times for our Main Stage shows.
- Our Theatre for Young Audiences show has numerous show times: 10am, 1pm, 4pm, and 7:30pm. Please ensure you double check the start time and show up at the correct slot you signed up for.
- If you can’t make it to a show you’ve signed up for, please notify the Front of House Manager that you are no longer able to come, even if it’s 10 minutes before the show.
From previous seasons of Festival Antigonish.
“Working with Festival Antigonish was absolutely brilliant – the company and local volunteers formed a caring, fun and supportive community that worked beautifully together. The result? A magical, hilarious performance, certainly one of the coolest things I’ve ever done!”
“Festival Antigonish staff and volunteers are an amazing, talented, and committed group who are determined to bring live theatre to our community.”
“Spending time with great people and learning lots makes for the best way to spend the summer! So many ways to get involved and have fun making new memories!”
“Being involved with Robin Hood was the highlight of our families summer. To be part of such an incredible show was such a gift. We can’t wait for the next opportunity to step into another story.”
“Always an absolute pleasure to work with, Festival Antigonish continues to provide my favourite experiences in my time in the theatre!”